[Scons-users] Scons and parts

Pico Geyer picogeyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:11:43 EDT 2017

Hi Bill.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> Pretty sure Parts is no longer in SVN but rather on bitbucket or github..
> Your probably working with a pretty old version.

Ah, yes. That was indeed the case :)
I found the right repo. For reference: https://bitbucket.org/sconsparts/parts

> Can you share any stats about your build? # source files, directories,
> platform, etc

I can't share the actual source code. But I can definitely give any
stats required.
We're using scons on linux (on windows too but the subproject that is
slow is linux only)
Should I start a new thread?
Here's the basic info. On a cold cache:
scons --debug=time --help
<snip>
Total build time: 34.645730 seconds
Total SConscript file execution time: 34.221577 seconds
Total SCons execution time: 0.424153 seconds
Total command execution time: 0.000000 seconds

> Have you tried anything in the gofastbutton page?
> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/GoFastButton

I've tried almost everything on that page. Most helped to a degree but
as you can see the time to just parse Sconscript files is getting
absurd.

Thanks
Pico