[Scons-users] How to install a versioned shared library correctly?

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Sat Aug 5 14:15:55 EDT 2017

Thanks to the help pointing me towards SONAME I have my linking working
a bit better. I've set the `SHLIBVERSION` which appears to give all the
libraries a default soname with versioned links.  It's a bit more than
just having a specific soname, but it appears to be the correct way to go.

With this I've also added an RPATH that includes $ORIGIN (I made another
post about the escaping being wrong on that).

Now my issue is with installing these shared libraries.

I have a separate SConscript file for clarity. Therefore I refer to the
libraries by name:

libs = env.InstallVersionedLib( '.', env.Glob( '$ABS_BUILD_DIR/*.so' ) )

The problem is that this installs only one specific version. I'm not
sure how to get the links as well.  Do I need to explicitly list the
versions, or should this be done automatically from the information
contained in the so file?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
http://mortoray.com/