[Scons-users] Link program without build directory in link path?

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Sat Aug 5 05:19:35 EDT 2017

I'm using |Program| to build an executable and link several libraries
created with |SharedLibrary|. The problem I'm having is that the
resulting executable has the build directory as part of the link path,
thus if I move the files somewhere else they fail to work.

I have a |build| directory where I output files, so the |gcc| command
ends up looking something like this:

|g++-o build/leaf build/bin/leaf.o build/libleaf_lang.so|

If I run |ldd| on the resulting |build/leaf| file I get this link:

|build/libleaf_lang.so (0x00007fdee8711000)|

It has linked to the shared library in the |build| directory, which is
not what I want. I want it referenced without path so I can install
these files elsewhere. That is, I just want a link to |libleaf_lang.so|
without the |build/| part.

Note: I don't specify |build| in my Program/SharedLibray commands, this
is done using a |VariantDir| directive.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
http://mortoray.com/