[Scons-users] MSbuild scons wrapper

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Tue Apr 4 07:40:59 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've setup a msbuild Command within scons, but it is not really elegant
and it's giving me some trouble. What I'm doing is creating a bat file
from python, then calling it as a subprocess, this bat is the one
calling vcvarsall.bat and then the msbuild command.

I set this Command as a dependency of some Scons node, however it seems
like the .bat is ran afterwards, and my node does not find the .dll
generated by msbuild.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, is there any un-official way to
call msbuild from scons? I know scons is meant to be a replacement, but
it would really help me to be able to call msbuild for some windows-only
c# projects I have. These projects have to be built before my C++
programs and I'm failing to do so via scons.

Thanks!
--

Saludos / Best regards,

*Sergio Basurco*