[Scons-users] Emiter usage

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Sep 19 08:56:12 EDT 2016

Hi Pholat,

the functionality you're probably searching for is called a "Variant directory". Please, don't follow the vast majority of code
snippets on the internet by using the "VariantDir" method directly, but use the "variant_dir" parameter of the "SConscript" call
instead.
For a simple example demonstrating the basic setup, check out

   https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_talks

, especially the "pyconde_2013/examples/exvar" folder.
In addition, read the UserGuide, chapter 15 "Separating Source and Build Directories" and chapter 16 "Variant Builds"...