[Scons-users] Intermiddent build error on Windows - cl : Command line error D8022 : cannot open 'c:\users\admini~1\appdata\local\temp\tmpekylod.lnk'

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Sep 7 13:53:45 EDT 2016

Shane,

Why don't you do this:

*sources = getAllSources() # Get all the .cpp files*

*objFiles = envLocal.Object(sources) # Create a group of .obj files from
the sources*

*artifacts = envLocal.SharedLibrary('Library', objFiles) # Create a shared
library from the sources*

*envTest['LIBS'].append(objFiles) # Add the .obj files to the link path on
another environment*
Why do this rather than using the created shared librarie?
The obj files are not libraries...

*Or if you want a static library for windows, create a .lib with those
objects?*

*test_sources = getAllSources() # Get all the test .cpp files*

*envTest.Program('TestExecutable', test_sources) # Create a test executable
which re-uses the .obj files from LIBS on another environment*
Is the logic above in a second SConscript?

-Bill