[Scons-users] Automatic Retry

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Mon Sep 5 13:22:56 EDT 2016

That sounds very interesting!

Can you share any details?

Cheers,
Arvid

________________________________
From: Scons-users <scons-users-bounces at scons.org> on behalf of Robert Zeigler <robert.zeigler at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2016 6:45:16 PM
To: SCons users mailing list
Subject: Re: [Scons-users] Automatic Retry

We've run into a similar issue, where there is a somewhat buggy version of an absolutely necessary tool.  98% of the time, it works fine. Sometimes, when processing large files and paging to disk, it crashes. In our case, we already override the slurm_spawn function for other purposes, and all of our tasks supply custom environments. So we added a "MAX_RETRIES" environment variable that the spawn function examines to determine how many times to rety a failed task.

Best,

Robert

Bill Deegan<mailto:bill at baddogconsulting.com>
September 5, 2016 at 9:27 AM via Postbox<https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
What platform are you running on?
You could either wrap your tool with a script which retries on failure N times and then call that from scons,
or change the command being run to have some bash scripted loop.

Sent from Postbox<https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach>