[Scons-users] Writing test cases for Issue 2615

Adarsh Sanjeev adarshsanjeev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 02:51:11 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to solve Issue 2615 on the tracker (No error on create Cache in
read only directory).

I have, so far, added another test case to engine/Scons/CacheDirTests.py,
where I make the directory read only and calls the CacheDir constructor
there. If it finishes the constructor without any exception, I fail the
test.

These
<https://bitbucket.org/adarshsanjeev/scons/src/b1abe00dc4b82697f6a3b508ecffca359a4712f2/src/engine/SCons/CacheDirTests.py?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default#CacheDirTests.py-90>
are the changes I made. Is this okay so far?

On fixing the issue itself, is there any function within scons to check if
a directory is writable or should I just use the os module?

--
Adarsh Sanjeev