[Scons-users] Dependencie with Sconscripts and builder's environment

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Oct 11 15:11:20 EDT 2016

Hi Albert,

and thanks for the intriguing example. :)

On 11.10.2016 18:22, Albert Arquer wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> yes sure, I though it would be much harder to do that because I thought it would have to do with some weird feature we are using,
> however I was able to replicate the issue with a very tiny peace of code:

> So is this a known limitation? Are we doing something wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong, it's in fact a limitation of the core sources. When using a Python method as an Action, as you do in
your example, SCons will use the body of the function (its contents as retrieved via FunctionAction::get_presig, see
src/engine/SCons/Action.py) to trigger an update...and it doesn't change, unfortunately. :(

A workaround might be to create a Python value node from the $COMMENT variable, and set a direct dependency to the final target.
Somewhat cumbersome, I know...