[Scons-users] What is the best approach with SConstruct calling SConscript

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:53:10 EST 2016

Well, my solution does not work as expected .  See this snippet of the tree :

cl /Fobuild\sr\speech\SpeechProtocol\Protocol\SpProtocolMessageConverter.obj
cl
/Fobuild\sr\speech\SpeechProtocol\Protocol\SpProtocolMessageDefinitions.obj
cl /Fobuild\sr\speech\SpeechProtocol\Protocol\SpProtocolMessaging.obj
lib /nologo
/OUT:build\sr\speech\SpeechProtocol\Protocol\win32\libsr_speech_SpeechProtocol_Protocol-debug.lib

As you can see, only my library is created in the correct win32 folder.  All
.obj are created one folder above win32, which is normal I guess because it
is the variant_dir that I specified when calling the SConcsript.

Well, I guess I will not have the choice to manually call all my SConscript.
For the one needed to being built in both environment, I will do something
like :

SConscript(sconscriptA, {'env':envWin32}, variant_dir='build/win32')
SConscript(sconscriptA, {'env':envWin64}, variant_dir='build/win64')