[Scons-users] What is the best approach with SConstruct calling SConscript

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:05:04 EST 2016

I am still setting part of variant_dir from SConstruct :

|SConscript(sconsScriptA, {'instance' : instanceWithAllEnv},
variant_dir='build', duplicate=0)

Let see what would like my SConscript :

Import('instance')

win32Env = instance.getWin32Env.Clone()
win64Env = instance.getWin64Env.Clone()

win32Env.Library('win32\\myLib', 'file.cpp') #final variant dir for win32
will be build\win32
win64Env.Library('win64\\myLib', 'file.cpp') #final variant dir for win64
will be build\win64

So, the benefit of trying to do the above is I still want my SConstruct
looping over all SConscript without knowing anything about them.  He
specified only 'build' as variant_dir and SConscript add the final win32 or
win64 subfolder.

Is it clean to do that?

Thx