[Scons-users] My dependency tree is incorrect, I want to depends on IDL generation

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:54:18 EST 2016

Creating a small module with only 1 .idl, 1 .cpp and 1 .h help me quite a lot
to understand what was going on with my dependency tree.  I actually
resolved my problem.

The bug was coming from how I was specifying the source files for Library
call.
a- Using Glob(*.cpp) was returning nodes from variant dir for files
generated by idlpp.exe.
b- What I had to do was specifying the absolute path.
c- This  version <http://pastebin.com/CtU7qEQL>  works.
d- And the nice  tree <http://pastebin.com/ZT76E4rQ>  where everything is
called at the correct time

Questions :
1- It is working, but I am wondering if I should worry to see .obj files
located in src dir?
2- Also, is it bad to not specify any target to a custom builder?  I am
creating all my targets with the emitter...

Anyway, thx for the help, it is really appreciated.