[Scons-users] How to get correct dependency

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:36:00 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have the following  SConscript <http://pastebin.com/Wt0RMG9Q>  .

In this script, I try to execute perl script withtin SCons command *prior*
to SCons Library.  It is not working as intended.  I have the following
error :

scons: *** [build\debug\sr\sra\src\maxsim\win32\enum2str.obj] Source
`sr\sra\src\maxsim\enum2str.cpp' not found, needed by target
`build\debug\sr\sra\src\maxsim\win32\enum2str.obj'.

And the perl script is not getting executed at all.

My perl script generates .h and .cpp files that are needed for the Library.
I thought that SCons would know that he needs to execute perl script first,
because of the target of the Command that I specified.  Apparently, it is
not the case, I am doing something wrong.  I also tried Depends, but I have
same error.

You could have a look on me tree here (removed all third parties to have a
readable tree).
Tree with depends <http://pastebin.com/rUy7RQxe>
Tree without depends <http://pastebin.com/qrmvqCjX>  .

Thx a lot one more time.