[Scons-users] Custom Builders / Command / Execute

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:20:16 EDT 2016

Good point about the mkdir.  It makes things even more cleaner! Thx

I realized something about scons Command action.  SCons is able to parse
action to build the tree, but depending how do I write the action, the tree
is different.  Let me explain :

If my action is written as this :

tgt = env.Command(target  = target,
                      source = [source, side_library_path],
                      action = ['echo (+) Building lexix datapack... (no
find and no chmod) - Grammar',
                                compileGrammar,
                                'echo Done build_grammar_for_vrx.' ]

SCons detect that java.exe in a dependency, which is pretty cool!

But, if my action is written like that (and I have to, I unfortunately need
to move to another folder) :

tgt = env.Command(target  = target,
                      source = [source, side_library_path],
                      action = ['echo (+) Building lexix datapack... (no
find and no chmod) - Grammar',
                                changeDirectory + andOperator +
compileGrammar,
                                'echo Done build_grammar_for_vrx.'

Then, SCons is not able to detect that java.exe is a dependency.  It looks
like that the changeDirectory shadows the compileGrammar.

Is it a normal behavior, or should I worry about that?

Thx a lot!