[Scons-users] Custom Builders / Command / Execute

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:25:08 EDT 2016

Thx William

I have to admit that your "/No/" answer to my question number two raises
another question: "Then, how should I trigger the batchfile created in my
custom builder!?"

See my custom builder  here <http://pastebin.com/8KbcztVg>   and SConscript
here <http://pastebin.com/Jc0S6sAj>  .  My custom builder does 3 things :
1 - Create a batch file.  I do this because I really need to have to cd to
another folder.
2 - Launch the batch file.  (This generate binaries to LINK folder)
3 - Copy source files to LINK folder.  (using /shutil.copy/ and /copytree/)

So, if my sources change, I need to repeat number 1, 2, and 3 above, but
number 3 is not really needed by 1 and 2.

Question
a - Do you think custom builder is the best approach or should I use scons
Command instead to launch my batch?.  I still need number 3 to be done only
when needed (when source files change).  I am looking to ToolsForFool and I
suspect that custom builder might be too much for step 1 and 2, but might be
needed because of step 3.

(Thx a lot for your patience since 2 weeks....)