[Scons-users] Calling SCons from Python

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 13:42:48 EDT 2016

Hi Andrew,   At the very least, you could call scons via subprocess.
However, I think that standard scons relies on a lot of modifications to the python standard environment.Looking at /usr/bin/scons, it extends sys.path by quite a bit so you can't do a simple "import SCons.Script" and get the scons functionality that you want.

You might want to make the build tool a separate project from your main one and make it an fully scons-based project.

Cheers,Ben