[Scons-users] Problem building scons-src-2.5.0

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed May 4 03:20:13 EDT 2016

Hi Mohammed,

On 04.05.2016 01:30, mohammed shambakey wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm new to scons and I'm trying to install scons-src-2.5.0 on centos 7.1.1503 but I get the following error:

the "src" package is mainly intended for developers and release maintainers, or experienced developers that are trying to help in
this area. It requires a significant amount of additional dependencies and you probably don't want those.

Please use the simple archives

   scons-2.5.0.tar.gz

or

   scons-2.5.0.zip

from the download page (http://scons.org/pages/download.html, "Production (2.5.0)") instead. As Bill suggested (hinted at), you
should also be able to use "pip install"...if this tool happens to be available on your system.

Hope this helps you out.