[Scons-users] Customize build decision logic for phony targets, that doesn't involve files

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:20:30 EDT 2016

Andrew,

In this case, SCons will always rebuild because specified target 'target'
will never be created. If you, for example, change the target to
Value('target') SCons will never call the action because the target never
needs to be built without wrapping the env.Custom output in
env.AlwaysBuild(). The rebuild has nothing to do with the source Value('a')
since Value('a') obviously never changes. You can look at the contents of
the scons database file using "sconsign <database_file>" which defaults to
.scons.dblite I believe in the "#" directory.

Does that answer your question?

V/R,
William