[Scons-users] Maven Ideas with Scons -- File missing on wiki

Javier Llopis javier at correo.com
Fri Mar 11 08:58:54 EST 2016

Thank you so much for the file, Bill.

Indeed, I have found in my design that the environment itself has most of what I need. When I create a library --and I create a buch of those- I need to be Return()ing not only the library but also list of include directories, that means either that the project gets a longer and longer list of include paths (which is ugly but not dangerous) or that I need to add a little logic to handle what dependencies are needed by this bit and what dependencies are needed by the other bit. The wiki recipe seems to be doing that in a nice, declarative way. Other than that, I am thinking of either subclassing Environment or creating a class that mostly contains an environment plus a few other bits, or perhaps even nothing at all, as you say, and it's just a matter of always doing things the same way in a consistent manner. I don't yet have a clear idea at this point.