[Scons-users] Writing a command that always succeeds

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Wed Jun 15 06:59:37 EDT 2016

Hi Jason,

thanks for your detailed reply. I'm presently stuck with a much simpler
problem:

I have this code:

    def my_command(target, source, env=env):
        print(env['TARGET']) # fails !!

    env.Command(target, sources, my_command)

which should perform `my_command` to make 'target', but the 'env' object
that is passed to 'my_command' doesn't have any of TARGET, TARGETS,
SOURCE, SOURCES defined, so `env.subst(...)` doesn't work.

Any idea what I may be missing ? (The `env` that's been passed to the
`my_command` is identical to the one on which the `env.Command()` is
called above.)

Thanks,
        Stefan