[Scons-users] How to augment the link step?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Mon Jun 13 14:18:46 EDT 2016

One (simplest) option would be to use:
AddPostAction(target, action) , env.AddPostAction(target, action)

Arranges for the specified action to be performed after the specified target
has been built. The specified action(s) may be an Action object, or
anything that can be converted into an Action object (see below).

When multiple targets are supplied, the action may be called multiple
times, once after each action that generates one or more targets in the
list.

See: http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html

Alternatively, you could add an additional action to the builder, but that
would be more complex.

What exactly will the special operation do?

(If you can provide example command line that would be ideal)

-Bill