[Scons-users] caching build parameters

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Fri Jun 10 10:49:04 EDT 2016

Hi Jason,

thanks for your reply.

On 10.06.2016 10:34, Jason Kenny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You should look at the Variables object in SCons. There is an ability to
> have it write out options to a file that you can then read back in on the
> next run.

Have you actually read what I wrote ? I'm using that technique already,
but find it insufficient. Please see my two questions *at the end* of my
mail.

On the need for a separate 'config' step: Perhaps you are right and I
don't need that. I simply haven't found a clear way to distinguish an
ordinary build that would reuse any cached values from an invocation
that would flush any caches and recompute the values by running the
configure checks.

Thanks,
        Stefan