[Scons-users] Scons on pypy

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:35:55 EDT 2016

Besides *why* I might want to use SCons on PyPy, here is an idea of what it
might look like. I add a metaclass that detects PyPy. Under PyPy when Node
or Executor class is constructed (once per class declaration, not per class
instance), __slots__ is renamed to __slats__.

https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-requests/347/avoid-using-__slots__-on-node-and-executor/diff

"scons.py local-zip" works, once I increase the maximum open files from
1024 to 8192. "Great" PyPy support would include always opening files with
the 'with' statement to explicitly close them on time.

As you expected, at least for local-zip PyPy is a couple of seconds slower
than CPython 2.7, but that is irrelevant to my use case.