[Scons-users] Scons on pypy

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Jun 5 12:11:33 EDT 2016

Hi Daniel,

On 05.06.2016 14:55, Daniel Holth wrote:
> Simply I want to try using scons to implement setup.py. To do this I need to have scons run on whatever versions of Python the
> package is compatible with, obviously. Then I need to write a task to generate a couple of packaging metadata and archive formats.

are we really talking about the setup.py from the setuptools? Do you really want to re-implement it, but using SCons?
Please feel free to do so, I'm just wondering what the benefit of this would be. I mean, for installing SCons on my system I'd need
to have the setuptools anyway...so what does your solution bring that setuptools doesn't have? Just curious...