[Scons-users] configuration file

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Jun 1 18:56:34 EDT 2016

Neal,

You might want to look at the manpage for site_init.py (and site_scons
directory)
http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html

This is a file which is evaluated into SCons by default when SCons is
launched.
SCons will check several different locations for the file.
See snippet from manpage below.
I think this should fit your usage exactly?

-Bill

The default set of *site_scons* dirs used when --site-dir is not specified
depends on the system platform, as follows. Note that the directories are
examined in the order given, from most generic to most specific, so the
last-executed site_init.py file is the most specific one (which gives it
the chance to override everything else), and the dirs are prepended to the
paths, again so the last dir examined comes first in the resulting path.
Windows:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE/Application Data/scons/site_scons
%USERPROFILE%/Local Settings/Application Data/scons/site_scons
%APPDATA%/scons/site_scons
%HOME%/.scons/site_scons
./site_scons

Mac OS X:

/Library/Application Support/SCons/site_scons
/opt/local/share/scons/site_scons (for MacPorts)
/sw/share/scons/site_scons (for Fink)
$HOME/Library/Application Support/SCons/site_scons
$HOME/.scons/site_scons
./site_scons

Solaris:

/opt/sfw/scons/site_scons
/usr/share/scons/site_scons
$HOME/.scons/site_scons
./site_scons

Linux, HPUX, and other Posix-like systems:

/usr/share/scons/site_scons
$HOME/.scons/site_scons
./site_scons