[Scons-users] enscons & tox

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Jul 13 03:05:45 EDT 2016

Hi Daniel,

On 13.07.2016 03:30, Daniel Holth wrote:
> Got the enscons project far enough along that it can build a CPython extension https://bitbucket.org/dholth/cryptacular on Windows,
> OSX and Linux and run tox on the result, emulating the annoying "setup.py install --many-options" by calling out to pip. Also ported
> a little Rust Python extension example to the system, which is probably more interesting because distutils doesn't have a nice way
> to do that. https://github.com/dholth/hello-pyrust . Making it pretty may come later, it isn't now.
>
> How do I avoid this warning about different environments?
>
> scons: warning: Two different environments were specified for target dist/hello_pyrust-0.1.0-cp35-cp35m-linux_x86_64.whl, but they
> appear to have the same action: zip(target, source, env)
>
> I tried changing my tool to only build the zip file the first time SConstruct calls env.Whl() to add non-metadata files to the wheel
> rather than when the tool is initialized, but the error persists.

can you make sure that the file is only built (if necessary several times) from *one* environment only? It looks as if two different
environments are used now, based on the current build context.

> Any plans to port Ant Glob to SCons, perhaps the WAF implementation?

Yes, I have this on my plate...it will take some more time, but it's not forgotten. It won't be the WAF implementation though. ;)