[Scons-users] Variables 'Update' not adding variables to environment?

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:09:04 EST 2016

Please see the User's Guide for information regarding this topic:
http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-user/ch10s02.html

Here is a snippet:

vars = Variables(None, ARGUMENTS)
vars.Add('RELEASE', 'Set to 1 to build for release', 0)
env = Environment(variables = vars)

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 8:56 AM, James Ramm <James.Ramm at jbarisk.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have the following in my SConstruct:
>

>     opts = Variables()
>
>     opts.AddVariables(
>
>         PathVariable('GDAL_INCLUDES', 'search path for gdal include files'
> ,'/usr/local/include', PathVariable.PathAccept),
>
>         BoolVariable('DEBUG', 'compile in debug mode', 'False'),
>
>     )
>

>     env = Environment()
>
>     opts.Update(env)

I'm not sure what update does off the top of my head, but this isn't how
the User's Guide shows the interaction of Variable and Environment. Try
doing it the way that is shown in the User's Guide and see if that works. I
will look at the Update function.