[Scons-users] New SCons.org website up

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Jan 18 15:45:06 EST 2016

Hi Marc,

On 18.01.2016 16:25, Marc Branchaud wrote:
> On 16-01-16 05:35 PM, Bill Deegan wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> We've refreshed the website.
>> Please let me know if you find any issues/comments/suggestions for improvement.
>
> I like the new look!
>
> One minor note: The "Version Specific SCons Documentation" link on the
> documentation.html page is broken.
>
> More importantly, a while back (around 2.3.1) the HTML man page was changed
> in an unfortunate way.  The old version had an Index at the bottom with links
> to various sections in the page (see, for example,
> http://www.scons.org/doc/2.3.0/HTML/scons-man.html).  I really miss that!

this was a feature of "man2html", which we ditched as a dependency when introducing the new DocBook-based toolchain.

> Any chance of it coming back?

It's possible to define an "Index" in DocBook too (see example image attached)...it's just that someone would have to do the work of
re-introducing all previous entries as proper "indexterms", and then all the other formats (PDF, ePUB) would benefit from this
automatically. Care to write a short Python script for this?