[Scons-users] Why SCons is not slow

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Jan 10 11:30:12 EST 2016

On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 15:59 +0100, Saša Janiška wrote:

[…]
> Well, if I one uses Cython3  for the Python3 project, the latter has
> be installed, but to run SCons in order to build the project, there
> should be Python-2 available as well, right?

Currently yes, there must be a Python 2.7 installed to run SCons.

My current escapades with getting a Python 3 port are at https://bitbuc
ket.org/russel/scons__python3 in the python3_port branch. Currently I
am trying to get all the tests passing under Python 2 after merging in
default from the SCons mainline default and a futurize -1 pass. I had
thought this would be straightforward, but there are some weird things
rising to the surface. There are a lot of test fails.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk