[Scons-users] Why SCons is not slow

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Sun Jan 10 10:04:03 EST 2016

On Ned, 2016-01-10 at 13:35 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:

> CMake is fine for C, C++, Fortran, but the build specification
> notation is weird.

Kurt Smith, author of Cython book reference both CMake and SCons as
options for build systems to be used with Cython - the book is on the
way and I'm curious what does he say in regard.

I admit CMake is not elegant, but I probably would not to have dive deep
into it (same with SCons), but Windows platform and CPack might be
deciding factors along with lack of Python 3 (if it's schedule not
earlier than end of the year.)

> Much better than Autotools,

Once I did autoconf-izing of one project and had enough.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
>From wherever the mind wanders due to its flickering and unsteady
nature, one must certainly withdraw it and bring it back under
the control of the self.