[Scons-users] Sphinx builder

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Sun Jan 10 09:56:12 EST 2016

On Ned, 2016-01-10 at 13:21 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:

> I created this tool repository to collect the bits and pieces of code
> off the wiki and into a repository

Ahh...

> in my world wikis are not the place to store source code, DVCS
> repositories are.

I fully agree.

> Since ASCIIDoc is effectively a frontend to DocBook/XML switching to
> ASCIIDoctor would be a Very Good Thing™. The Apache Groovy team an the
> GPars team have switched all their documentation and websites to
> ASCIIDoctor.

Pro-Git book (2nd ed.) is also published by using AsciiDoctor.

> Personally I find ASCIIDoctor significantly easier to work with than
> ReStructuredText.

It has nicer markup, definetely, rst has some gotchas like inability to
nest inline markup, but I believe/hope it will be enough for my needs.

> Either of these is almost infinitely superior to
> working with DocBook/XML directly.

Heh, I simply can't think of anything which is more complex to work with
then DocBook toolchain, especially when it comes to authoring itself.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The intricacies of action are very hard to understand.
Therefore one should know properly what action is,