[Scons-users] Sphinx builder

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Jan 10 04:48:29 EST 2016

Gour,

On 10.01.2016 09:47, Saša Janiška wrote:
> [...]
>

> Btw, I've also read discussion about changing doc toolchain for SCons
> itself and seeing you're determined to use DocBook, may I suggest to
> consider AsciiDoc(tor) which allows you to convert to DocBook and it is
> certainly much easier for authors to write in.

you mean "you suggest" and "I do all the work"? ;) I've setup the DocBook toolchain because it's what I think works best for the
given case. If someone prefers Sphinx/AsciiDoc/"Other markdowns" he/she simply has to follow the workflow of the current toolchain
and provide a complete replacement. I'll be glad to review your proposal...and hopefully accept it for a switch in the end.

P.S.: The toolchain is not only about writing...we're also creating example outputs by running code snippets through the actual
SCons version. Please take this point into account...it's an important one, which breaks your assumption of "just use a standard
export from AsciiDoc->DocBook" immediately.