[Scons-users] HOWTO select a toolchain

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Mon Jan 4 15:32:28 EST 2016

On 04.01.2016 15:09, William Blevins wrote:
> The User Guide has a section at the bottom that lists all the internal
> variables. See Appendix
> A http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-user/apa.html
>
> For example, to change the C++ compiler change the CXX variable and to
> set the C compiler set the CC variable.

Thanks. And thanks Marc for the details. Not having to set the SH*
variables was exactly one point I was wondering about.

And sorry to insist, but I still haven't found the answer to this:

>     >     And a related question: The SCons man-page
>     >     (http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-man.html) mentions "tool
>     >     specifications". Are they available as "current toolchain"
>     properties
>     >     inside SConscripts ? I'd like to add my own flags based on which
>     >     toolchain is selected, so having access to that classifier would
>     >     be useful.

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to define portable "features",
which map to compiler-specific flags. If I were able to query the
toolchain along the "type" as discussed in the man page, that might help
me a lot.

Thanks,
        Stefan