[Scons-users] HOWTO select a toolchain

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Mon Jan 4 14:36:47 EST 2016

On 04.01.2016 14:19, William Blevins wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> SCons does not automatically import environment variables. The SCons
> DefaultEnvironment is minimalistic.
>
> http://scons.org/new/faq.html#Why_doesn.27t_SCons_find_my_compiler.2BAC8-linker.2BAC8-etc..3F_I_can_execute_it_just_fine_from_the_command_line.

William,

thanks, but I believe that only addresses some of my concerns. I also
found your answer to a similar question here:
http://scons.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1272&dsMessageId=2927425,
which is helpful, but not quite complete (as it isn't clear what other
variables specifically need to be changed, and how. Can you point me to
some documentation that explains how the various compiler-related
variables are defined, so I know what exactly I need to redefine to be
able to switch toolchains on the command-line ?

Also, any insights into the other question:

>     And a related question: The SCons man-page
>     (http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-man.html) mentions "tool
>     specifications". Are they available as "current toolchain" properties
>     inside SConscripts ? I'd like to add my own flags based on which
>     toolchain is selected, so having access to that classifier would
>     be useful.

Thanks,
        Stefan