[Scons-users] What is the difference between Variables and Options

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Jan 3 17:13:23 EST 2016

Stefan,

I think of a user guide as a low depth document and a reference guide
and/or manpage as the depth document.
So when I'm not sure about the details in the user guide I look to a
reference guide or manpage.
This is a pretty typical pattern.

We've not heard much (if any) other requests for such cross referencing.
If you'd like to create a pull request to demonstrate more fully what
you're suggesting, please feel free.

It does sound like perhaps there should be a section in the user guide with
more foundational information, what's a builder, what's an action, whats a
scanner,etc.
Or perhaps you can file a doc bug for the specific example above and we'll
see what we can do.

-Bill