[Scons-users] Tests not passing

Adarsh Sanjeev adarshsanjeev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 11:55:39 EST 2016

Hey,
I am using Archlinux with Linux 4.2.5 and Python 2.7.
I have actually finished the patch, and on testing it gives the exact same
errors with same messages. Can I submit the patch, as it not cause any
errors?
I am including the error messages for test/QT/warning.py, test/YACC/live.py
and test/import.py which are the only ones failing.
================
1/1 (100.00%) /usr/bin/python -tt test/QT/warnings.py
match_re: mismatch at line 1:
  search re='^scons: warning: Could not detect qt, using moc executable as
a hint \(QTDIR=/usr\)$'
  line='scons: warning: Could not detect qt, using moc executable as a hint
(QTDIR=/)'
FAILED test of /home/ghost/projects/scons/src/script/scons.py
        at line 97 of test/QT/warnings.py
================
1/1 (100.00%) /usr/bin/python -tt test/import.py
Failed importing 'qt', stderr:

scons: warning: Could not detect qt, using moc executable as a hint
(QTDIR=/)
File "/tmp/testcmd.30327.f738bS/SConstruct", line 2, in <module>

scons: warning: Could not detect qt, using moc executable as a hint
(QTDIR=/)
File "/tmp/testcmd.30327.f738bS/SConstruct", line 6, in <module>

scons: warning: Could not detect qt, using moc executable as a hint
(QTDIR=/)
File "/tmp/testcmd.30327.f738bS/SConstruct", line 7, in <module>

FAILED test of /home/ghost/projects/scons/src/script/scons.py
        at line 192 of test/import.py
================
> bar.y:5:1: warning: return type defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]
>  main()
>  ^
> bar.y: In function 'main':
> bar.y:7:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'yyparse'
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 9:31 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Adarsh,
>
> On 01.01.2016 12:38, Adarsh Sanjeev wrote:
>
>> Hey, I am currently trying to run runtest.py -a. However, it is giving me
>> failures on the following tests, even on a fresh clone.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> However, scons is building and running. Do I have to solve these errors
>> before I continue? If so, could someone direct me on how to?
>>

> it would be interesting to know under which system you tried to run all
> the tests (Linux, Windows, which version/kernel?) and which Python version
> you are using.
> The tests (like SWIG/Qt and so on) are usually designed to get skipped
> automatically when a prerequisite isn't installed. As you can see in our
> Buildbot waterfall display ( http://buildbot.scons.org/waterfall ) all
> tests should actually pass (or get skipped, hence delivering a "NO RESULT").
>
> However, you may also continue with development straight away. Running
> "runtest.py -a" *before* developing things further, serves the purpose of
> taking a snapshot regarding the test outputs. If you then apply your patch
> and suddenly some other tests fail, you know you've done something wrong
> immediately.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dirk

Adarsh Sanjeev