[Scons-users] SCons and TravisCI

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Feb 23 08:01:28 EST 2016

On Tue, 2016-02-23 at 10:46 +0000, William Blevins wrote:
> I *think* that SCons looks for tools in a specific order (IE. how
> they are
> listed internally), so if TravisCI has a slew of them installed, then
> you
> might not get the same compiler that you get on your local machine.

I gave in, hacked the SConstruct to know about environment variables
directly and it seems to do the trick. Pity though that Travis-CI is
using Ubuntu Precise (or Trusty if you are lucky) when the absolutely
earliest version that is sane for my project is Vivid. There is no
point in using the Debian Sid option as that is the development
platform. Ho hummm…

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk