[Scons-users] Question about emitter

Endre Bak ebak32 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:53:45 EST 2016

"and append your object files to the "targets" instead. ;)"

When I execute scons 2nd time, the generated .c file is already in place
and the executed linker command seems to be OK: "gcc -o prg obj/main.o
obj/Cfg.o". This case the "targets" is "prg" the "sources" are ["obj/main.o",
"obj/Cfg.o"], "obj/Cfg.o" is the appended source.

"Your SConstruct is a mix of SCons and calling os.system and mkdir and
glob."

Why is it a matter?

Why is the emitter executed at Builder construction time and why it is not
executed at Builder invokation?