[Scons-users] Question about scons

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:31:13 EST 2016

Inline >>

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Guillaume Anciaux <
guillaume.anciaux at epfl.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for your answer. Indeed, I had a look at the Tools on my debian.
> When I look at the list from following your link below, what I see is
> mainly build/compilers but no 'configure' variable for projects like:
>
> - petsc
> - blas
> - lapack
> - mumps
> - fftw
> - boost
> - gsl
> - MPI (openmpi, mpich, mpich2, etc...)
>
> I do not say that these are complicated. Most of them are not (PETSc is a
> counter-example...).  But even searching on the web (very quickly I admit),
> I cannot find scons tools. I can tell you that the same exercise would be
> successful in CMake.

If I understand your what you are looking for correctly, please see the
following references:
Where to put custom tools (until they are released in SCons proper):
http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-user.html#idp1378972020
Basics on making tools: https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/ToolsForFools