[Scons-users] env[X'] and signatures

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Mon Dec 26 03:36:36 EST 2016

I think he's talking the situation where you set env.env['MYVAR'], which means for something like this

env.env['MYVAR'] = 'Fish'
env.Command('some_random_script < $SOURCE > $TARGET', sources, targets)

and 'some_random_script' does

    #!/bin/sh
    echo $MYVAR

and you then change the SConscript file and set env.env['MYVAR'] to 'Chips', it won't cause a rebuild.