[Scons-users] Path expansion with multiple SConscripts

Eric Lunderberg eric.lunderberg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:44:07 EST 2016

Hello,

I believe I have run into a bug involving the include path generated for
C++ compilation.  I am attempting to set up a modular SConstruct to compile
multiple shared libraries, some of which depend on the others.  When a
SConscript adds the current directory to the CPPPATH of a shared
environment, the "." is expanded to the directory of the SConscript that
defines a compilation rule, rather than the SConscript that appended to the
CPPPATH.

This becomes an issue when using variant_dir and duplicate=False, because
it becomes impossible to use the Dir('.') syntax to force an early
expansion of the directory.  In this case, it resolves to a path to the
variant_dir, rather than expanding to both the variant_dir and location of
the SConscript, as usually happens when using duplicate=False.

The directory structure, contents of the SConstruct and SConscript, and
resulting error messages are shown here (http://pastebin.com/mpBWvEQG).  A
short discussion of this issue can be found here
<http://stackoverflow.com/q/40424482/2689797> on stack overflow, where it
was suggested that the bug report be brought to the mailing list.

Thank you,
Eric Lunderberg