[Scons-users] enscons 0.5.0 released

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 20:16:26 EDT 2016

I've released enscons 0.5.0, now with a bit of documentation. Get it while
it's hot :-) https://pypi.org/project/enscons/

enscons is a new way to build pip-compatible Python packages, sdists and
wheels, that uses SCons instead of setuptools, written by me, the creator
of the wheel format. This version of enscons has a pretty okay 'python -m
enscon.setup2toml' that converts simple setup.py to SConstruct, and links
to half a dozen examples of (my other) projects building with enscons. A
highlight is https://github.com/dholth/hello-pyrust which shows how easy it
is to build Python extensions with the Rust language and SCons.

enscons is new and it needs feedback. If you try it out, please let me
know, and I would be more than happy to help you to get it running.

Thanks,

Daniel Holth