[Scons-users] Performance of version 2.5.0 vs 2.3.0 on Windows host dropped significantly

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:56:00 EDT 2016

Henrik (or anyone else suffering from this specific issue),

Sorry that I missed an optimization issue in 2.5.0. It hasn't seemed to
affect many projects, so it appears to be dependent on particular project
properties outside of my prediction and which I can only guess about. I was
curious if I had forgotten or neglected to run the scons_testsuite
<https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_testsuite> like a good developer.
Although I am not building all 6 with this machine/setup, of the 3 that
build with my current tool setup, there is very little performance
difference (1-2% tops).

Is your project source available? In order to try to minimize future risk,
it may be wise for the SCons team to add some diversity to the sample
builds for future profiles.

V/R,
William