[Scons-users] where are types defined

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Thu Aug 4 19:17:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

Lots of the SCons documentation assumes that user code is written into
SConscript files, so function or object names such as 'File' or 'Action'
are pre-defined. However, as soon as I want to modularize my build logic
by moving code out into external .py files that breaks down, and I need
to explicitly import the relevant modules to pull in these names.

Unfortunately I still haven't found a place that tells me what SCons
module provides which names. Right now I'm struggling to find what I
need to import to get 'Dir' defined, for example. Is there a place for
this in the docs that I have overlooked ?

Thanks,

        Stefan