[Scons-users] Scons understanding existing project

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:46:37 EDT 2016

Hi Pietro,

Normally, SCons only looks at the top-level SConstruct file by itself.

The SConscript files (typically in sub-directories) are examined when the
SConscript() function is called.
See https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/SConscript() for more
information.

I don't believe there are any debug options specifically for tracing which
SConscript files are being read.
However, since they are just Python scripts, you can put a print statement
at the top-level of any SConscript
and it will be printed as soon as it is read (during the earliest stage of
SCons).

Jonathon