[Scons-users] MSVSProject Intellisense search paths

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 09:38:42 EDT 2016

Inline

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Albert Gil <albert.gil at happycomputing.cat>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If I'm not wrong, what Sergio is trying to say is that, although the list
> of paths in CPPPATH is copied into the NMakeIncludeSearchPath field of
> the .vcxproj file created by the MSVSProject() function, its format is not
> recognized by the Intellisense. And the whole point of doing this copy is
> to be recognized by the Intellisense, right?
> Is that right Sergio?

My hope is that he will come back with how Intellisense is supposed to
handle relative paths. I expect there is either a missing element in the
MSVCProject output, but I'm not an MSVC guru.

> And if you put absolute paths in your CPPATH, then it does work, right?
>
> So, the building works in both cases, but CPPATH values should be set with
> absolute values to be useful in NMakeIncludeSearchPath?
> To me, it doesn't have sense... I'm sure that Intellisene works with
> relative paths.
> So, it sounds like a format problem of relative paths?
> Not sure...

I certainly don't expect relative paths to be an issue, but if relative
paths are at play, then I imagine the base directory needs to be added to
some path variable. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen in the
project file. It seems that if the files are relative, then hardcoding this
base path in the project file undermines the point.