[Scons-users] Implicit dependency `None' not found

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Sun Apr 3 12:35:13 EDT 2016

Hi William,

thank you for continuing to look into this !

On 03.04.2016 11:58, William Blevins wrote:
> Continuation of last email:
>
> I imagine that the issue is when context.env.AppendUnique(LIBS=[lib])
> where I expect lib=None.
>
>         libfile = check_sysconfig('get_config_var("LIBRARY")')
>         match = re.search('(python.*)\.(a|so|dylib)', libfile)
>         lib = None
>         if match:
>             lib = match.group(1)
>             context.env.AppendUnique(LIBS=[lib])

Almost. It turns out that I expected a certain set of variables to be
set in `distutils.sysconfig.get_config_vars()`, which wasn't the case on
Windows.
The above `match` would be empty (and thus the conditional block wasn't
executed at all), but a subsequent call to context.env.MergeFlags()
would still inject 'None', which causes the havoc.

So, it seems I have to revise my attempt to figure out the
platform-specific compiler flags to build my C/C++ code against Python.

Thanks,
        Stefan