[Scons-users] SharedLibrary issue on Windows

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Sat Apr 2 21:28:37 EDT 2016

On 02.04.2016 20:14, William Blevins wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Your question isn't specific. If you just want a static library then
> use env.Library or env.StaticLibrary instead.

I don't want a static library, or I hadn't *specifically* used
env.SharedLibrary()... :-)

All I want is understand why `scons` would produce the error I'm observing.

> Also, you didn't include the output on the windows side other than the
> link error, so we cannot see the command calls.

That's because everything until those two link commands worked as expected.

> The windows output is there, you just cut off the scons part at the
> top. I'm not a Windows toolchain expert, but maybe the link I included
> above will help. The linker will not generate a *.lib if there are no
> exports for example.

Ah, that's what I was missing ! In my test case I hadn't added the
__declspec(dllexport) marker, and so no .lib file was generated. Having
fixed this makes this little test project work as expected.

Thanks for your help !

        Stefan