[Scons-users] MSVC error

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Fri Apr 1 10:26:34 EDT 2016

On 31.03.2016 10:40, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Can you say which version of python, scons, and visual studio?

Sure: I have installed Python 2.7 (had to install the 32-bit version
over the 64-bit version as SCons wouldn't recognize the 64-bit version
!), SCons 2.4.1, and MSVC 14.

> Also if you can post a minimal sconstruct to reproduce that would be
> very helpful.

I'm trying to build https://github.com/ndarray/Boost.NumPy. I'm still
trying to reduce this to a minimal test case, which is challenging, as I
now get a different error: The configure checks no longer fail in the
compilation step, but the linking step, with this error:

  cl /Fo.sconf_temp\conftest_0.obj /c .sconf_temp\conftest_0.cpp /TP
/nologo /I. /IC:\Python27\include
  conftest_0.cpp
  link /nologo /OUT:.sconf_temp\conftest_0.exe
C:\Python27\Scripts\..\libs\python27.lib .sconf_temp\conftest_0.obj
  LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'C:\Windows\lnk{A6A78D4B-777E-425F-B047-F8C8DEE45F81}.tmp'

I'll keep looking...

Thanks for your help,

        Stefan