[Scons-users] Errors in parallel builds after updating from SCons 2.3.0 -> 2.3.5

mg at ncp-e.com mg at ncp-e.com
Fri Sep 25 11:32:37 EDT 2015

>    1. Can you provide a sample SConstruct/SConscript set that contains this
>    problem?

That is a difficult task due to the high amount of custom code in our
build system. Still I'll try look into it next week.

>    2. SCons 2.4.0 is available, so could you give the latest version a try?
>    I don't think this will solve the issue though.

No it didn't. I've now backtraced the SCons versions and it turns out
that 2.3.0 was the last version in which our setup worked correctly
with multiple jobs. In 2.3.1 the bug already occurs.

Could it be that this entry from 2.3.1's changelog has something to do
with it:

From Dirk Baechle:
- Added release_target_info() to File nodes, which helps to
  reduce memory consumption in clean builds and update runs
  of large projects.

Thanks for the help

Matthias

--
Matthias Gerstner, Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. (FH)
Entwicklung

NCP engineering GmbH
Dombühler Straße 2, D-90449, Nürnberg
Geschäftsführer Peter Söll, HRB-Nr: 77 86 Nürnberg

Telefon: +49 911 9968-153, Fax: +49 911 9968-229
E-Mail: Matthias.Gerstner at ncp-e.com
Internet: http://www.ncp-e.com